Food Illustration - 'The fave food blog'

Since the latter part of last year I have been doing a project about Food, specifically what people's favourite's are and why. I thought it would be interesting to see if sentimentality would be a major factor in people's choices. Like the first one I did of some cinnamon buns for Laura who chose them as they are quite rightly delicious and also because her mum made them.

Laura's favourite food- Cinnamon rolls




















Lou's favourite - Cambozola cheese













Mike's favourite - Three layer fruit sponge




It's been a joy so far to discover people's culinary highlights and enjoyments but also a really great exercise for me in terms of developing my illustration practice. Food is a brilliant subject for painting as it provides unique challenges with differing textures, colour combinations and compositions to consider. I've also tried loosening up my style slightly like in the image above.

I would like to continue with this project and to perhaps have it culminate in an exhibition, though I haven't decided yet! I may also make it into a bespoke Illustration service via an etsy shop or something similar. I'd be very grateful of any ideas or thoughts on this!

To see more and to submit your favourite please visit the blog here.