They Draw and Cook!

This week I have been working on a picture for They Draw and Cook. A website dedicated to championing Illustrators who love to cook, eat and Illustrate food!

I became aware of They Draw and Cook through their Instagram account which is treasure trove of wonderful foodie art. 
I visited their site to see what they were all about and I was delighted to see all the wonderful recipes people have entered and they also regularly run an open brief for recipes with a theme which they potentially make into a book. This time the theme was 'Get Spicy' to go in the cookbook of the same name.

So with one day to go I started on my spicy Massaman Curry! I wanted it to be colourful and I also went a bit more stylised than what I usually do and I was pleased with the outcome, the only part I may change is the text. I think it needs to be a bit more eye catching - I'd like to get into typography more in general as its an awesome skill to have. 

As ever let me know what you think and if you have a go with the recipe I’d love to see the results!