Taste of the Wight, food Illustration and a long overdue Prince's Trust update!

Hi there folks, it's been far too long between posts and I've got a fair bit to chat about!

First of all I am now a Princes Trust supported business! Woop! I wrote in my last blog post about launching my Illustration business with the support of the Prince's Trust and with their guidance I have produced my own range of greetings cards, giclee prints and calendars depicting Isle of Wight landscapes. The panel made me feel very comfortable and gave some great advice. It also has given me a great sense of validation - I'm sure I'm not the only one to feel like that after going through to the launch panel! Having professional individuals with good heads on their shoulders give you the thumbs up is a huge boost of confidence!

Around the same time I also got my hands on a copy of the new issue of Taste of the Wight featuring my festive food Illustration! It's so exciting to see it in print! To give a bit of context Taste of the Wight is the Isle of Wight's free local guide to eating on the Island and provides a guide to foodie events, tasty recipes to try and promotes local produce and small food and drink businesses on the Island.




It was an absolute pleasure to paint and even better for depicting some brilliant Isle of Wight produce! Including Tipsy Wight VodkaBarrow Boys fruit and veg shop, The Chocolate Apothecary, The Isle of Wight Cheese Company and Mrs Bucketts Fudge. Along with a few festive favourites and some new ideas to try!




You can get the magazine from a large variety of outlets on the Isle of Wight from pubs, local shops and attractions. You can read more about my feature and other great things on 
Taste of the Wight's blog here. I love painting food, its very satisfying but also makes you a little hungry so snacks have to be on hand! Please keep scrolling down to see a couple of my draft sketches, I find it interesting to see the process of making a picture so I hope you enjoy it too!