My daily food illustration challenge - half way through!

As the title suggests I've reached the half way point of my food illustration in which I have been creating a picture of what I've eaten with the aim of improving my draftsmanship and painting skills, try some new techniques and build my portfolio up in the field of illustration which I'm really passionate about. I also hope that this will champion Isle of Wight produce and food establishments. 

So far I have painted and drawn meals with several elements which are bit more complex and some days just something very simple, like the strawberries I painted yesterday. It all depends on how much time I have and already it has been an amazing exercise in seeing how much I can achieve in small time frame. 

My objectives for the last two weeks are to experiment more, try out some different materials along with colour combinations and try some interesting recipes. As this is also serving as a kind of food diary I would like to try a few new things! 

I'd love to hear any suggestions and ideas you might have about the project or if you've heard of any other daily art challenges that you've been following!