The most important part of my tool kit 🖌️


Here's a throwback painting of one my main tools of the trade, my tin of watercolours - when it was shiny and new!

I like that it's now stained, warped and a bit rusty on the hinges because it makes me think of all the pictures I've made with it up till now and that it has also travelled to the US, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand and Iceland with me! In Iceland the paint actually froze to the tin at times when I was painting outside and in New Zealand I did a daily visual diary which is so nice to look back on now and again as it takes me right back there ♥️
(you can find these if you go back away on my Instagram feed! @lillylouiseallen) 

Here's to many more painting adventures!


(The watercolours themselves are St Petersburg White Nights whole pans and they're so nice to paint with, highly recommend anyone getting them!)