Food illustration and the excitement of seeing your work in print 📰

In the last couple of weeks I've had the thrill of seeing some more of my food illustration work in print. Last week in the Isle of Wight County Press I had the pleasure of illustrating Matt and Cat's eating out guide, a fortnightly feature in the County Press (and the go to foodie guides to the Isle of Wight.)
The subject of this particular review is The Blacksmiths a restaurant and pub just outside of Newport on the Isle of Wight. It was pretty darn difficult to choose one dish but I went for the beautifully colourful pavlova - though each course sounded great!





Following on from that the new spring issue of Taste of the Wight is out now and it was wonderful to see their celebration of vegan food on the Isle of Wight and I was honoured to have my Vegan Boys curry grace it's pages! The Vegan boys are island based business who cater to people with food intolerances and allergies and for those who just love hearty, healthy and (damn) tasty food! You may recognise my illustration from daily food illustration project which I did earlier in the year, so it's great to see it in print! I love illustrating articles about food and if you would like to commission me please do not hesitate to get in contact at lilly@lillylouiseallen.com