February - new year and new projects

I think February feels like the beginning of the new year properly in some ways. You've finally gotten back into a routine after Christmas and you're starting to get back into the swing of work - whatever that may be. In my case it's getting back to Illustrating, focusing on the year ahead, creating new images and ideas for projects and for my portfolio. I have started this blog as a sort of visual record of what I'm up to. Partly cathartic - but mostly for people to see what I do and hopefully enjoy it!

At the moment you can see some of my work on my website here and also have a look at one of my current projects called The Fave Food Blog which visually documents people's favourite food's and why, feel free to submit some of your favourite's if you have a couple of minutes here, or tell me in the comments below if you wish!



Lou's favourite food - Cambozola cheese

Christmas card design



   

'Luis's best bakes' -
 My response to The Great British Bake Off 2014



'Lost and Found'

A few images from last and this year. I'm hoping to expand on the Lost and Found image with a series of Illustrations on things I find abandoned. There's something really intriguing about forgotten objects, so I'm looking forward to that - hopefully I'll find some good stuff!

As an overview my aim is to have the favourite food project culminate in either a small exhibition or a self published run of books. I'd also like to try printing, something which I've tried before but scares me a bit for some reason - All the more reason to have a go! I think an Etsy shop is also (hopefully!) a fairly realistic goal which I would like to set up this year. There's a heck of a long list of other things I'd like to do but I've waffled on enough already! So you may hear about them another day! Well that's it for now - Here's to a productive week!


... and year!