Developing my business with the Princes Trust!

Oops it's somehow been two weeks since my last post and it feels oddly like even longer than that!

This week I have been on a Princes Trust course and it has been brilliant, I've learnt so much about developing my own business including Sales, Marketing, Self Assesment and a heap of financial know how, plus support with establishing a brand and engaging with customers. I can't thank them enough for the opportunity to learn this invaluable information but in such a digestible way! My business proposal is to have my own line of greeting cards based where I live on the Isle of Wight.

From this week my co-Princes Trusters and I have a year until we go to 'launch' if we choose to. Launching is a dragon's den situation only a bit less scary! In front a small panel we show how our business will run, demonstrate our relevant experience, show our products or services in more detail and show how it will be (hopefully) financially viable!

Amongst other things I am working on my 'elevator pitch', which is a brief synopsis of you and your company. Here's mine so far:

[Brief introduction to myself] My company name is Lilly Louise Allen Illustration and Design. I have created a line of greetings cards marketed at visitors to the Isle of Wight and people who love the Island who want to buy a beautifully designed memento, created by a local artist and made sustainably at a great price. They are all available on my online shop and in card and gift shops across the Isle of Wight.

It's not quite as succinct as I'd like yet but it'll get there! I would love to know what you think and please find below a sneak preview!

P.s If there's any particular Isle of Wight landmarks or points of interest that I should include in my card range please feel free to shout out and tell me! :)


St Catherine's Oratory also known as 'The Pepper Pot' a sneak preview of Isle of Wight card designs by Lilly Louise Allen.
Find more work at www.lillylouiseallen.com