First week of my Artist Residency in Iceland

I can't quite believe I've already been here in Stöðvarfjörður, Iceland for six days! I absolutely love it here and feel unbelievably refreshed by the scenery, the weather, the people - so many things! 

After arriving Wednesday night in the dark - and in quite a lot of heavy snow I was introduced to my new house and flatmates for the month. They are all great and the house is really cosy and full of unusual objects to look at including some fantastic 1970's furniture!


The following day after waking up I went upstairs to the kitchen and was met with the awe striking view of the snow covered mountains which hug the Fjord, they are truly mesmerising. The day was spent getting introduced to the other Artists partaking in the residency, going on a drive to the supermarket for supplies and checking out the Fish Factory where the magic happens!


It was the next day when I got to explore the area and I was drawn to the coastline which snakes along the Fjord and after gingerly stepping through the snow, rocks and across a few streams I sat myself down taking pictures, sketching and marvelling in the beauty of those mountains!


That pretty much brings you up to date. I will post more pictures of the work I do and of course more photos!