The trip to the north of Iceland - A much overdue post!

Here are some of photos from the trip to the north we did mid-way through this month and also a very brief description with each one. I began writing this post with a large description of the trip but I couldn't really articulate how amazing the scenery was so I think I will let the pictures speak for themselves! 

I can't believe how quick it's all gone here. I really think it will take some time to come back to earth and normality once I'm home but what I'm sure about is that I will be continuing with what I've been working on here. Developing the project further and integrating elements from home into it is something I would like to do and I will of course get around to showing this work once I feel I have consolidated it more!

Once we passed Egilsstaðir it soon became a land of pure white.

Passing stunning mottled black and white peaks was a highlight for me.




Stone stacks which are dotted across the country.

Námaskarð sulphur pits.

Kimi and Jonathan.

Hverfjall volcano crater. We were going to have a closer look but the road wasn't open unfortunately.

Anne and her pal.


Majestical!

Akureyi Backpackers where we stayed on the Saturday night.




Husavic Harbour.





The Whale Museum in Husavic





The Cheese Tub. Outdoor Hot Tub just on the outskirts of Husavic.



Ásbyrgi canyon. Nicknamed Sleipnir's footprint, it is said that the canyon was
 formed when Odin's eight-legged horse, Sleipnir, touched one of its feet to the ground.

Anne and Daniel. Fellow Artists and face-pullers.



On the way to Raufarhöfn.

Raufarhöfn local.

Walking to the Arctic Henge.

The Arctic Henge at Raufarhöfn.





My perfect house in Seyðisfjörður.

One of Artist Dieter Roth's homes in Seyðisfjörður.




Claudia, Anne, Daniel, Jonathan and I. Not sure what the squatting was all about!


Bye for now!