Intentions and ideas for 2018

Happy 2018 folks! Before I do anything else as a thank you to anyone reading this (for putting up with the mind dump that this blog is!) and as a pay day treat I'm offering 20% off in my Etsy shop until the 14th of February - plenty of time to get a special gift for someone for Valentines day! No code needed, discount is applied straight away.

My main focus this year is to nurture the relationships I formed last year starting my greetings card and calendar business and to reach out to new individuals and businesses to broaden the audience for my products. Going forward I am aiming to increase the audience to my commission services and, also, I'm really looking forward to painting more of the things I like to paint! Portraits, pet portraits, food illustration and illustrated family recipes - which is really hybrid of both the portrait work and the food illustration but with the aim of bringing those well loved and dog eared recipes to life, along with a portrait of the family member who makes it. This idea developed from the celebrity chef recipes which I did a couple of years ago. I am working on an example of this idea currently so I will post it on here when I'm finished.





Still on the subject of food Illustration I would love to create artwork for a cook book, it's one of my ultimate goals and it is my intention this year to work on my technique, build my portfolio and promote what I can do with the goal of reaching out to publishers, art directors, food writers and reviewers by the end of the year or the beginning of next year.

I would also like to see more Art - of all kinds - so I am going to make sure I get to exhibitions when I can and to attend talks and events. I kicked myself at some of the things I missed last year so I'm going to keep my eyes peeled! Let me know if there is anything you can recommend! Below are some pictures from an exhibition at The St Barbe Museum and Gallery in Lymington last year called Angie Lewin: A Printmakers Journey. It was a brilliant exhibition and provided an insight into not only Lewin's work but some of her contemporaries and printmakers and Artists from the past who have informed her work.